Everyone is looking for the for the next big thing when it comes to diet trends. First is was sugar free, then low fat, and low carb foods that became the rage of the dieting world.
Everyone who wanted to lose weight, whether it was a few pounds or several, started with foods that help you melt fat faster and keep it off. But with so many diets and products competing to be the next big thing, many people have a hard time finding good products that really work. A small percentage of people are skeptical that some of the crazier sounding products actually do what they say they can do.
Take bulletproof coffee for example. Coffee with butter in it would make even the most eager dieters think twice. But despite the strangeness of bulletproof coffee, the bulletproof diet has taken the diet world by storm in the past few years, and it can indeed do the amazing things that it claims!
We have taken a look at the bulletproof coffee, its history, and have come up with all you need to know about making bulletproof coffee work for you.
The Origin of Bulletproof Coffee: Bulletproof Coffee & Weight Loss
According to Bulletproof Coffee creator Dave Asprey, he discovered the power of butter while hiking mountains in Tibet. Tibetans serve a traditional drink known as Yak Butter Tea on cold days. It gave him so much energy and left him feeling energized and alert for hours afterward, so he began researching the ingredients in this amazing tea to understand why it was so effective.
Years later, he came up with bulletproof coffee. Borrowing the concept of grass-fed butter from his Tibetan counterparts, he blended organic, low-mold coffee with butter and coconut oil extract to create a drink designed to help you burn fat and decrease appetite for hours into your day.
What makes Bulletproof Coffee ‘Bulletproof’?
Bulletproof coffee is considered bulletproof because as long as you follow the recipe, it works exactly the way it should. This bulletproof coffee recipe is very specific because any other ingredients are not going to provide any of the benefits that these specific ingredients offer. In other words, it loses it’s effectiveness with every ingredient substitution.
What is the recipe, you could ask? Well, according to www.bulletproofexec.com, the recipe is as follows:
- At least 1-2 tablespoons grass-fed butter ( unsalted)
- 1-2 tablespoons of XCT oil or Brain Octane (these are 6x to 18x stronger than coconut oil, with no flavor. They are NOT generic MCT oil, which is about 1.6x stronger than coconut oil)
- (~250-500ml) of hot coffee no more than 1-2 cups that is required to be brewed with beans (low toxins) much like Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee. It uses a metal filter (like gold filter drip or French press).
How does Bulletproof Coffee work?
Bulletproof coffee makes several claims about what it can do—including help you lose weight, improve focus and help you feel fuller longer. So how does it accomplish those claims? Let’s look at bulletproof coffee benefits at a glance:
- Weight Loss: By using butter from grass fed cows, bulletproof coffee provides your body with quality fats and minerals that are missing from butter made by corn fed cows. This high quality fat on an empty stomach triggers your body’s ability to break down fats and covert them to energy. You are then a fat burning machine for hours afterward!
- Energy: The pure organic coffee beans in the bulletproof blend are selected very carefully, with an emphasis on low-mold contamination. Toxic mold can be found in a majority of the commercial coffee sold today. It isn’t lethal, but the mold spores present in the commercial coffee can rob you of energy and render the caffeine in your coffee less effective. The purity of bulletproof coffee beans allows you to get the best benefit from your bulletproof coffee without any toxins to hurt you.
- Focus: MCT oil is extracted from coconut oil which is known for its beneficial nutritional properties. This potent oil can increase mental clarity and focus because it contains medium chain triglycerides that your body can convert to brain powering energy much faster than traditional carbohydrates.
So Bulletproof Coffee can indeed do the things that it claims- provided that you stick to the recipe. Many people insist on trying to substitute cheaper ingredients to get the same result and often fail.
Creator Dave Asprey is fond of encouraging individuals to try the original bulletproof coffee recipe as written just once. That once will be enough to convince them of the difference that true bulletproof coffee can make in their daily diets. Another alternative is to use Keto Kreme from Pruvit or to really kick start a ketogenic diet, simply use Keto OS daily!